1. Knowledge Base
  2. Yeast & Fungi Section (Candida)

Can I take treatment for my yeast or fungi overgrowth?

Candida has some treatments; however, you may wish to speak with a nutritional therapist, alternative practitioner, or functional medical doctor about this. 
You may need nutritional support for Candida due to what is known as the "die-off" or "Herxheimer" reaction that Candida can produce when you are treating it. The symptoms of this can be quite undesirable, and you may feel worse in the short period even though it may be beneficial for you long term. Many people fail to complete an entire Candida program due to the side effects or "Herxheimer" reactions it causes. Having support from a practitioner knowledgeable in the field of candida, yeast, or fungi overgrowth available may help you complete the Candida program and reduce the overgrowth.