An enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of starch into sugars. Amylase is present in the saliva of humans and some other mammals, where it begins the chemical process of digestion.What are the benefits of amylase?
- Stress: lower levels of salivary amylase means higher stress hormones in the body. Making sure you amylase levels are where they should be means that you will experience fewer mood swings and no more chronic stress
- Energy Levels: when you are absorbing all of your food and not letting those nutrients go to waste, you are the most efficient level of energy production in the body, which means fewer hunger pangs
- Digestion: the main purpose of this enzyme is the smooth digestion of nutrients and carbohydrates in the gut; when these processes are running as they should be, symptoms of constipation and other gastrointestinal issues are avoided.
- Autoimmune Disease: amylase can cut down on inflammatory molecules in the body in which triggers the immune response
- Inflammation: consuming supplements and food rich in amylase, your body is better able to control swelling, redness, irritation and inflammation throughout the body. this also includes symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and other common inflammatory conditions.
- Premature aging: increased levels of amylase are able to slow down the aging process; in men who produce more amylase, it is shown to prevent oxidative stress.